You know when you get the feeling that "something is up" and you are not getting the full picture of a situation? I naturally and easily assume everything is kosher unless proven otherwise. But there have been some red flags with Miss Crab's Montessori school of late.
1. Teachers speaking very sharply to the students
2. Teachers speaking very sharply to parents, even talking down to them (one mom was reprimanded for speaking French to her daughter).
3. Really negative attitudes.
4. Refusal to assist or leave a paper trail with our issues with Miss Crab*
5. Becoming more rigid in expectations.
I knew for a few days that the kids were going to make applesauce on Friday. Fun, right? I thought it was a pretty traditional Montessori thing to do but a bit suprised because they have never done anything like this.
Then my daughter tells me that there is a "Special Montessori Visitor" coming to the class today and that all the kids have to be extra-good for the SMV.
Methinks the school is attempting to get some sort of certification? Accreditation? Investment? It would explain all of the high anxiety that Preacher and I have been picking up on. I am so curious to see if I am right.
* And yeah. The Directress has refused our request for a note from Miss Crab's teacher indicating that she believes Miss Crab would benefit from some sort of intervention. Even though she said it, they won't write it down. Said "it is the parents job to push and push for any outside assistance needed."
Ahhh. Adventures in parenting.