Thursday, May 29, 2008

[JessFinds] Lyme Away


So the good news is that I don't have Lyme disease.

Y'all may re'call when we first moved out here Preacher became scary, scary sick with THE LYME. It was the most sick I have ever seen another human being. Horrible. Well my doc's thought that they might as well test me for it last week since I have had ... wait for it ... Fibromyalgia symptoms along with this thyroid disease. Fortunately (??) it is just the thyroid causing me to have ... wait for it... Fibromyalgia. Apparently joint pain is one of the stages of advanced hypothyroidism. Sexy. Did I mention I was 104?

I seriously can not tell you how many times I made fun of those damn pharmaceutical fibromyalgia commercials (Lyrica) with the woman writing in her diary about her pain. I wanted to grab one of those artist easels behind her and smack her repeatedly over the head so she would have something really interesting to write about. And I am not normally prone to violent reactions to TV commercials. Rheally. So, I probably brought it upon myself. Make fun of the disease and develop it's symptoms! Karma. Good thing I have not made fun of any Valtrex commercials recently.

Oh, and it turns out I am not the only person on Earth driven to madness by the stupid Lyrica commercial. Blogs around the states are alive with the hatred the woman with the GPS navigator voice talking about her pains.

No comments: