Friday, December 10, 2010

[JessFinds] Traveling with Wild Animals

Car travel with kids can be daunting, especially when your children start whining within moments of hitting the asphalt. Mine yell things like: "I feel like I am gonna barf." It is their charming variation on "Are we there yet."

I am building up an arsenal of go-to travel toys for when we depart for our cross country adventure. I plan on keeping these toys hidden until we are actually on the road.

Here are some of the newest additions to my bag of tricks:

The Victorian Wonder Ball has been a time eating joy for parents since the 1800's. Each of my girls will get a ball to unwind, gather the trinkets, play with and then attempt to strangle each other with the yarn. I picked this up from ThinkFastToys.














These little card sized games were picked up for under $2 each. Also at ThinkFastToys. I love the little Magnetic Mini Dozer - you use the magnet to push the dirt in to piles. Catch a Mermaid has you flipping the little plastic mermaids in to the net.

A certain Uncle and Auntie are sending the classic Etch-a-Sketch and a Crayola Glow Board. A certain grandmother has tended to their comfort w/ soft car blankies and fleece coats.

Now all I need is that tranquilzer dart gun... (it is a joke people)

No comments: