Wednesday, December 15, 2010

[JessFinds] I am a mean one...

I am the Grinch. It is freaking my husband out.

See, normally I am all starry-eyed and filled with good cheer. He can rely on me to deck halls, shop, cook, show excitement, rally the family round the hearth and generally be Mrs. Claus.

I ain't feelin' it.

Listen, I have things to sell, stuff to donate, endless stuff to clean, organize and pack ... Christmas? I have a moving truck arriving before Christmas. Why would I possibly hang a single bell? Plus the doctors are running massive tests on me and I am out of blood. I am tired. Bah Humbug.

He is tip-toeing around me like I am some crazy person who invaded his home. But here is the funny thing ... he is turning in to a little Christmas Elf.  Throwing extra toys in to the cart. Putting up a small tree. If he busts out with "Jingle Bells" I am going to start worrying more about him ...

IN OTHER NEWS:

My daughter may be completely quirky, meow like a cat, speak in robot monotone to strangers and walk like a t-rex when nervous ... but she is smarter than all of us.

Miss Crab is having a sudden learning spurt that is throwing me for a loop. I don't know if they decided to start challenging her (she was bored) but suddenly she is reading at the top of her class and tells me how easy it is. Also, her math skills make me question if she is even my child. Super advanced math skills. Yay Montessori!

So, she can't socialize worth a damn, but she is smart as a whip and showing a ton of independence and humor. I am totally okay with that.

And now I will take her out of school for two months and then put her in a new school. See? We try to screw up our kids as much as possible. Can't win. I am going to be plagued with mommy guilt...

On a side note, I remember when I was in first grade and I was given my first math test. It was a 0+ test. 0+1. 0+2. 0+3. I panicked - at age 6. Total panic. Had no idea what to do. Thought I was going to throw up. I remember it like it was yesterday!

No comments: