Monday, November 22, 2010

[JessFinds] Some hae meat and canna eat

Top Ten Things I am Thankful For 
(Inspired by my friend Heather)

1. My girls. My brilliant, beautiful, hilarious, perfect-in-almost-every-way girls.
2. My hubby. My tolerant, sweet-natured, funny and wikked-smaat hubby.
3. My great huge extended family (my crazy and not-so-crazy relatives, non-relatives, relatives-in-law and my amazing friends)
4. My cats. They keep my blood pressure down.
5. Health Insurance. Hate that I have it and others don't, but thankful that I have it.
6. Malbec Wine. Thank goodness they rediscovered that grape varietal. My life is better for it.
7. Options. I am thankful I have so many of them when so many people in the world do not.
8. For having Scottish ancestry. It makes my eccentricities seem cool.
9. My Nana, rest in peace, for bequeathing me her power of finding prime parking spots
10. My new home, the chance to have a great adventure and still being young enough to appreciate it.


"Some hae meat and canna eat,
And some wad eat that want it,
But we hae meat and we can eat,
And sae the Lord be thankit."

Robert Burns

No comments: