Saturday, November 6, 2010

[JessFinds] Saturday Zen

Hubby is back home and all is right in the world.

We have been together for 14 years (!!!) and I always feel like my world is off balance when we are apart. I don't know if that is a sign of a strong marriage or co-dependance, but I just know that we work pretty well as a team. Which is good. Because we will need to be like a team of oxen in the next few weeks. I think all the bad will be balanced out by some really good news. Soon.

Hey - Speaking of good news ... rumor has it that my co-blogstress Marie has landed a job. She did not think you guys were worth announcing it to. So, lets throw some blog hate over to Marie.  Lots of middle fingers and hissing. Congratulations sweetie! You are one of the most focused, determined women I have ever met and you are an inspiration to the rest of us lazy slackers. You were unemployed for what? Ten minutes? XOXO.

Back to me.

I have so much stuff that needs to be weeded out before we move and it would be great if someone could line up a robbery. Put that ad out on Craigslist that I need a burglar who disassembles and steals cheap IKEA furniture and kid toys. No home invasions. I don't want to have to go all Chuck Norris to defend my Bjorkinorkinbillyblat bookshelves.

www.yelp.com 
What ROCKS this Saturday? The Internet does. Specifically Yelp.com. We live in an area where you can post a question to a targeted audience and get instant gratification in tons of quality expert answers. For example:  "I am interested in neighborhood A and neighborhood B. What can you tell me about them? Which would you choose and why" I think I easily got 30 responses from people who live in those areas within 24 hours. It is so incredibly helpful! I would not use Yelp to, say,  diagnose a medical condition, but learning about local resources = awesome.

1 comment:

SaysJamie said...

Hi Jess! Following you back! Happy 14 years and good luck with the move! Cute blog! ~Jamie

SaysJamie