Friday, November 5, 2010

[JessFinds] Blurt and Guy Fawkes

I keep meaning to put up the Christmas Crave List for Kiddos ... but have just not had enough time to work on it.

That and I don't know where I am going to be for Christmas. I think that might be one of the things holding me back from publishing the list. Will I be here? Will my husband have a new job? Will we already be relocated? Will we be in the middle of relocating? Will we be living in that minivan down by the river? Will we be in an apartment? Will we be in an airport? In Tennessee? See ... it is all up in the air.

I am just not wrapped up in the notion of hearth and home this year. Which is strange too, because the holidays are my thing. I love hosting Thanksgiving and throwing Christmas parties. But now? Mainly, I am wrapped up in the notion of survival. Must pack. Must purge. Must sell. Must donate.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I do have a lot to be thankful for. But I don't really feel like doing my normal humungo-cooking fest. I think I might want to go out for Chinese food.


Did you know that Guy Fawkes actually played a pretty minor role in the gunpowder plot? Still he is the most vilified (and celebrated) of the anarchists/Catholics that planned the takeover of parliament and assassination of King James. I think it is because he has a cool name and rocks a wicked-cool stache.

No comments: