Tuesday, October 5, 2010

(MarieFinds) Of Upheaval and Big Change

As most of my friends can attest, I'm not much for change. I find jobs and stay in them. I have a routine. My kids have routines. I like my life that way, thankyouverymuch.

I've been pink slipped. Fired. Laid off. Let go. Terminated. "thankyouverymuchforyourtimeandeffoert." "Itsnotyouitsus." Gah. Like most industries, in mine, client loss = job loss. The math makes sense. It really isn't personal. Except the consequences are personal. They are actually being great about it. 30 days notice. 2 weeks severance. They owe me 8 days of vacation pay. All in all, I get over 7 weeks of pay while I job hunt and wrap up clients. And then there is unemployment.

Before that, hopefully there is a job. Because blogging and momming doesn't pay the bills. Especially not the frequency with which I post.

I fret. And then I say we will be OK. And then I fret. And then the Lawyer says we will be OK. And then I kiss my kids. And wonder how many days a week I can keep Squirrel in her Mandarin pre-school. And then I say we will be OK.

2 comments:

JessFinds said...

We should change this to "Jess & Marie in a Van Down By the River." Hee. Let's hear it for tough girls who land on their feet.

Love your co-blogstress in crime,
Jess

Unknown said...

You both are really fun...even amidst our chaos! Marie I hope you continue to keep your chin up. It's so crazy out there right now. We've been through 3 job losses over the past 3 years with my husband. We've survived...somehow! But I do like that "van down by the river" title change :-) Made me smile because I can sooooooo relate!
New follower here from blog frog! Blessings! ~Kimberly

www.stinkerpinker.com
www.stinkerpinkersaves.com