Thursday, July 2, 2009

[JessFinds] Happy Birthday Crab!


Happy 5th Birthday Miss Crab!

How you suddenly got to 5 I will never know. People warn you that it goes by so fast, and when you are mired down in the day-to-day you tend to forget that. Then, suddenly ... your baby is off to Kindergarten in the fall.

You are the most insightful, imaginative and beautiful little girl I could ask for. You will always be my "first baby" and the one who made me a mommy. On top of that, you will always be my favorite redhead. I love that you march to your own drum. I love that you have declared you are "no princess" and you are equal parts serious thinker and silly goose.

You were born at 2:11 in the morning on one of the hottest days south of the Mason Dixon. It was a full moon. My first words to you were: "I know you!" Your daddy said something about no boy ever being good enough for you. True that, sister.


No comments: