Monday, June 1, 2009

[JessFinds] Shivered Timbers

As I am posting this, I am watching my Maine Coon / Norwegian Forest Cat mix burrow under the blankets on my bed. What possesses a cat to tunnel? Is he part badger? Earthquake alert? Hibernation? The other cat seems to be thinking WTF?? as well.

I have done something extravagant. I am having a pirate swimsuit made for Crab's 5th birthday. We usually have outdoor parties because the weather usually holds (note: I am overusing "usually" because I am afraid to jinx it).

Why are there no pirate swimsuits for kiddles? Pirates are huge! You would think the swimsuit masterminds would come up with some girl pirate options. I found another Etsy genius who makes darling suits and she seems as excited as I am for a pirate challenge.

We are thinking:
  • Red boyshort swim bottom with black and white ruffles on the legs and a black and white sash that ties at the hip and hangs down.
  • Black and white striped tankini halter top with red accent ruffles or ties.
I can't wait to see how it turns out.

No comments: