Tuesday, June 2, 2009

[JessFinds] Turning in to my mother part I

See this? This is not just a truck. It is my freedom. This little truck is now Preacher's truck which means I no longer have to share my vehicle!

When Angus died about six months ago (our Ford Exploder) I became bound to a schedule I could never understand. A clergy schedule is ever changing. Add to that the penchant for clergy types to be absent minded professors and you have a recipe for disaster.

I openly admit that I love my Toyota Sienna Minivan (New Blue) who, because she is a 2006, will probably be renamed Big Blue or just Blue shortly. Her newness is wearing off.

We need a name for our new addition: He is a 2000 Chevy S10 4x2 extended cab w/ the third suicide door (so cool).

I am the official "car" person in our family. It turns out that I am a force to be reckoned with and anyone who wants to buy a car should take me with them. I purchased the Sienna new on the lot and almost had the sales team crying. I had another dealer on the phone as I was finishing negotiations. It was such an empowering experience.

This truck was a different approach and I loved it.

I found "a guy." Everyone in our area of the world has "a guy" who "knows people" and "gets stuff done." My guy happens to be a mechanic that I like, who has a shop down the road from me. I told him what I wanted. He went to an auction. He called me with a vehicle that matched my exact description, I told him how much I wanted to spend. He bought me the vehicle.

So I purchased this truck sight unseen. Pretty funny.

1 comment:

Jane Priest said...

Online sales baby! The ONLY way to go and how we purchased the best cars we have ever owned!!

A "guy" sounds good, too, and the truck looks great and perfect for can't-remember-shit Alan. ;-)

Jesse and I take no prisoners when it comes to buying a car. Walking away is pretty damed easy!