Monday, March 9, 2009

[JessFinds] Watchmen


I just saw Watchmen in IMAX and it was so freakin' brilliant. I loved it. I have spent a big chunk of my life as a closeted superhero geek. Don't even get me started on X-Men (finally, FINALLY bringing Gambit to the big screen.)

It has been ages since I read the book, but I really enjoyed the movie. Jefferey Dean Morgan (more commonly known to women around the world as Denny from Grey's Anatomy) is fantastic as The Comedian. He is on my "list." Aaaw yeah. That list. He is wonderful. Detestable. Sociopath. Yummy. Wonderful. Big arms. Wonderful.

It is a little strange when you recognize actors from a movie that they were in previously together. Tad distracting in the middle of an action scene when the lightbulb goes off. Jackie Earle Haley (Rorschach in Watchmen) was the creepy child abuser guy in Little Children. Patrick Wilson (Nite Owl II in Watchmen) was "Brad" the hot dad in Little Children. I happen to really like that movie. I happen to like Kate Winslet.

No comments: