Tuesday, February 17, 2009

(MarieFinds) Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Work I go...

Yesterday was my first day back at work. Today was the first day to take the kids to daycare. Yesterday they were at my sister's house (federal holiday and all).

I did NOT break down in the parking lot and sob like someone died this time. I DID almost cry in the room with my gorgeous toddler girl as she sobbed like her world was ending. Than they brought in breakfast. And that made things mostly better. And her little friend Ryker showed up. That helped, too.

Baby Boy? He is unphasable. Didn't eat much at my sister's yesterday, and kind of whined about it, but no major drama. Of course, that means that Auntie Lola gave herself an upper body work out by rocking and holding him for 4 hours to prevent the melt down. Hee. While trying to dance with Squirrel. Welcome to my house of nonstop carnival fun!

I am both looking forward to being back and sad about it. It was great to spend the last three months watching my daughter grow every minute, and being able to snuggle my little boy (almost) whenever I wanted. But man, I think I get more time to myself when I work 60 hours a week. Not to mention more showers to myself. I think there was a straight month where every shower I took had a toddler in it.

No comments: