Wednesday, December 31, 2008

[JessFinds] Happy New Year's Eve!

It is white-out snowing right now. Very pretty but very windy. We are supposed to make a trip northward this afternoon and I am not sure what it is going to look like out there. The wind may reach gusts of 50mph. Have you ever heard of thundersnow? I had to look it up. Apparently we are in for some. I am thinking that if it stays nasty, fireworks will be canceled.

I am searching through the house for what I think of as White Elephant gifts - up here they are called Yankee Swap gifts though (I think, if I understand it correctly). I have some pretty strange kitchy stuff around. Unfortunately, most of it is still packed up in the basement from our last move.

Have a safe New Year's Eve. Remember - amateur night. Not a couple's holiday. Don't drink fuzzy navels (thanks for the tip Marie) and don't join the Canadian Navy. Yes, Yes the Salvation Army could take the Canadian Navy but remember it is a commitment nonetheless and unlike Vegas, it sticks.

No comments: