Wednesday, November 19, 2008

[JessFinds] Gas at $1.96

Wow. Did not think I would see it drop below $2 again in my lifetime but I just filled up New Blue for $1.96 a gallon.

It has to be some sort of strange global conspiracy (and I am not much of a con theorist) but something about our economy tanking, people hoarding food and not being able to heat their homes this winter makes me a little suspicious of gas prices dropping. It is like someone is sitting in a fancy chair in a mountaintop office, hitting a "down" button until people are placated. Yes, you can't afford groceries but look...you can still drive your suv! Please don't riot. Thank you for being an American.

Just strange. I think it is more important for us to be angry about our dependance upon foreign fuel and force ourselves in to creative ways to use less energy. But of course, it is hard to be angry when you see $1.96 and you realize it will cost about $30 to fill your tank (instead of $60).

1 comment:

Marie said...

I saw it for $2.09 this morning ... I actually DO think there is a conspiracy here. We are unlikely to change our ways if we keep getting the junk for cheap. [shrug].

I need to re-read The End of Oil. It has been a couple of years.