Saturday, December 4, 2010

[JessFinds] Backpacking through Europe seems like much more fun.

My moving truck arrives in 2 and a half weeks. Gulp.

Today I started attacking my wardrobe. So painful. I figure if it has not been on my radar in a season or two, it is outta here. Lots and lots of clothes will be donated. I am working on a travelers wardrobe that all coordinates together for our month of living out of suitcases. Minimalism! Everything else is being boxed up and shipped.

I have one guilty pleasure I am holding on to: a beautiful medium gray wool sheath dress that is lined in bright sky blue satin. I have not fit in to it in 3+ years. But I will. Oh yes, I will.

Preacher and I spent six weeks traveling in Europe living out of backpacks. These backpacks specifically:
Rick Steves' Classic Bag / Backpack
Now, admittedly I was never in the same place for very long so I did not worry too much about fashion. We traveled during the Spring so we had to layer, but most of it was light layers. Still, if I can do six weeks out of that, I can certainly handle four weeks! With two children and two angry cats... Sure. No problem.

No comments: