Monday, November 15, 2010

[JessFinds] Pack it up

We have a huge Home Depot credit after returning all of the supplies for home improvement projects that we will NOT be doing now. That credit is going towards buying all of our packing supplies - which is good because we are going to need a lot of boxes!

We are starting with Miss Crab's room. It is a little hard because her room was the first "finished" room in the house. I decorated it with such attention to detail and ... funny enough... it ended up not fitting her personality at all. She was not even 3 years old when we moved in and she thought princess fairies were fun. She still loves the light purple /light green colors but is definitely not a butteries and fairies kind of girl! Right after her 3rd birthday we discovered that she was a pirate.

Pretty sure this is the last time I saw her, willingly, in a tutu. Okay. Maybe not willingly.
Wall mural, framed out with chair-rail molding.



The tot-requisite IKEA leaf. I chose those drawer knobs from Anthropologie.
So I am slowly disassembling the room that I put together, feeling a little bittersweet about it. It has been slowly pirate-afied over the last few years to reflect her personality. The subversively placed dinosaur and light saber, here and there. She will get a new room and some input on how it is put together. She said something about sunsets and mice for her next room...(???)

I love that my eldest daughter has the soul of a pirate. She is an adventurer. She goes to her own drum. Does this look like a girl that lives in a fairy bower?

Yeah. I didn't think so.

It is okay. I never was a butterflies and fairies girl either.

No comments: