Thursday, October 28, 2010

(MarieFinds) Allergy Testing

Super Squirrel has been complaining of stomach aches several days a week for nearly a year. Something is amiss. We took her off dairy for almost 60 days, no change. I have her scheduled for an allergy test in early December. Whatever it is, it is something that is omnipresent in her diet. I am suspecting gluten. I hope not, but I think that would be easier than some of the other possibilities. I live in the Northwest, it's a pretty tolerant place for gluten allergies.

I can learn gluten-free baking. It isn't life threatening. As she gets older, she'll be able to make her own choices. There are several gluten free bakeries in town. I already do some gluten-free cooking because we have friends and my sister has gluten issues.

But I don't want my little girl to have a stomach ache every day. More as we learn more.

1 comment:

Misty said...

aw, I hope you find the solution, it is so hard to see those you love in pain, especially ones so little!

I found you in friday follow and am a new follower, hope to see you on my blog (a newbie :D)

http://crazymagicbeautifullife.blogspot.com/