Tuesday, June 8, 2010

[JessFinds] Belting out tunes

Songs I can belt out at the top of my lungs while driving and not care if I look like a raging idiot. This list could go on endlessly... I am a car singer. I have a full repertoire of The Gaga at this point, but I thought I would share some of my faves:

Secret: The first (and only) song I ever did karaoke? Fire Woman. The Cult. Yep. I am cool like that. I prefer to enjoy karaoke from the audience.

Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta
This keeps popping up on rotation with a Boston station locally and I can't make sense of it, but hey, if they want to play me some Mr. Danger, who am I to complain? Some of the best lyrics ever: "Hear the voices in my head I swear to God it sounds like they're snoring ..."


Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
Del the Funky Homosapien busts out on this track. I love it. Again with some great lyrics: " Gunsmokin' righteous with one token, Psychic among those, Possess you with one go ..."

Pat Benetar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot / We Belong (tie)
When I have a few under my belt, I am pretty sure I sound just like Bat Penetar. Hic. 

Supremes - Reflections
I loved China Beach. They killed Cherry!


Rob Zombie - Thunderkiss 65
"roll'n like a supersonic another fool that gets down on it"

Scissor Sister - Take Your Mama Out
"We'll get her jacked up on some cheap champagne..." 

Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man
This one is all about being able to belt it out. It was my mobile ringtone for years, which almost killed the song for me. Almost.

Garbage - Cherry Lips
Ooooh I love this song so much. If I were a drag queen, this would be my anthem. Such a great song. Shirley Manson is a goddess on earth. "...go baby go-go. Yeah, we're lookin at ya."



Greenday - Longview
Singing about the thing that could make you go blind.  "bite my lip and close my eyes..."


Lady Marmalade from Moulin Rouge
I cannot claim to sing like Xtina but I love to try. This song wails. And I love the complete weirdness of Little Kim in there. "Let em know we got their cake, straight out the gate."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesse's Girl - Rick Springfield
"I wanna tell her that I love her
But the point is probably moot"

C'mon now how many songs have "moot" in the lyrics!?!?