Friday, May 28, 2010

[JessFinds] She Wolf in the Closet

Nothing like a big cup of coffee after a full moon. I was nutso yesterday - lots of unbounded energy. I could have traversed the English Channel and pulled a boat with me. So here is my posting for today, loosely gathered around the idea of the glowy ball in the sky.

I am a lunar gal and even though it has been scientifically disproved, I stick with the nurses and ER docs who say that Full Moon Fever is real. The loonies come out with the tidal pull. Myself included, apparently.

I had Miss Crab during a full moon.

When I was in college, I had a waning crescent moon tattoo done with a compass star. Later on I added a capital letter I with a dollar sign above it. Yeah. That is a story for another time. Objectivism. Ayn Rand. A few whiskey sours. It all made sense at the time.

Me. Age 18. Red hair. Hell's Angel. Staged the photo to tell my mom that I got a tattoo.

The waning moon was a nod to being a night owl. Too-cool-for-you. When I was 18, I dated someone who would show up at my dorm to "hang" at 4 am on school nights. I would go to bed, wake up at 3:30, put myself together and then go out. He thought he was some sort of child of the night. Seriously. What a dork. On the flip side, I gained an excellent reputation for looking fabulous at 4am.

The compass I still love. It represents too much to list. I have always been a nomad. Now I am a nomad with a mortgage and a minivan rocking out to Gaga. Gah.


The moral compass ... yes, mine has always been slightly skewed when compared to most! I love surrounding myself with people who have strong moral compasses because my natural tendency is to collect people who don't. I think if I was ever pressed, most of my real views and feelings on life would probably have people thinking my freak flag flies a bit higher than they are comfortable with. Not my good friends of course - especially my BFFs. They love my wonky flag. True North changes.

My mama raised me to be a free spirit. Thanks mumsie!

I guess the best idea is to steer clear of me and other crazies when the moon is full.


No comments: