Tuesday, November 24, 2009

(MarieFinds) Adventures in Archaic French Cooking

First: Baby Boy loved his birthday party. He got trucks, and new crayons to chew on, and he got to eat all the fat drenched beans he wanted, and then there was cake! Sweet, sweet cake. Which he ate very daintily. I will post pictures when I have the pictures near me at a time I have time to post...

Now, for the cassoulet. That was a blast to cook. Seriously. A double batch was truly obnoxious, and I won't do THAT again, but a single batch? Sure. The Lawyer was all, we are doing a casserole for EVERY dinner party from now on! Seriously... it was in the oven, with nothing for us to do, and we actually got to hang out with our guests!

Auntie Lola and I cooked on Saturday, and cooked tons of pig fat, layered it all up, and called it yummy. Squirrel helped me bake cakes on Sunday morning, and then we drank wine with friends. My idea of a good party, anyway.

I will post pictures of cassoulets when they came out of the oven and the obnoxious amount of leftovers we had. As well as the cake eating.

Oh, and he started walking. On his birthday.

1 comment:

JessFinds said...

I can't wait to see the photos! And he started walking! Yay! What fun. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you.