Sunday, November 22, 2009

[JessFinds] Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme

TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.

1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year? 

  • A pair of good old-fashioned Frye Engineer boots that will last forever.
  • A dainty silver baby snake pendant necklace from Etsy
  • A fireplace insert - just the idea of a working fireplace makes me feel warm.
  • A KING sized Tempurpedic bed. This is a "wish list" right? Not a "gonna happen" list.
  • A housekeeper, chef, masseuse. Not too much to ask for.
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
  • I love all handmade gifts - my newest favorite was a surprise ink and watercolor I got in the mail from a friend.
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle? 
  • I want to learn how to felt! I have all of these old wool sweaters that would make excellent craft material. I saw felted soap and thought that was brilliant.
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child? 
  • This may sound corny, but the best gift was the fact that my mom went "all out" with the decorations, the cooking and the feel of the holiday season whether we had money or not. It always looked like Christmas and smelled like Christmas. I am trying to do that for my girls.
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year? 
  • Playmobil (Pirates) are big with my 5 year old daughter. 
  • Tinkerbell, baby dolls, Calico Critters are all big with my 3 year old daughter.
     
6. What is your favorite holiday food? 

  •       My mom's apple-sausage stuffing and peppermint bark. Tie.
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays? 
  •       Tutus and glass tile pendants
8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
  •        Holiday Inn (1942)
9. Favorite holiday song? 
  •        Natalie Merchant singing "Children Go Where I Send Thee"
10. Favorite holiday pastime?
  •        Finding a way to sneak eggnog in to everything! 

No comments: