Monday, November 2, 2009

[JessFinds] Tutus are everywhere!

Wow.

No really - I mean it. Wow!

I have been puttering along, working on my site development contracts and really not getting ahead much in the job search when Facebook convinces me to set up ChiChiTutu.com.

Thank you Facebook! A girl makes a couple tutus and next thing you know the orders start lining up!

Now, I am realistic. I look at this as something that could make some extra pocket change during the holidays and then pick up a couple birthday tutus here and there throughout the year. I have very low expectations! But I am so thrilled with all the support and love that has been sent my way.

I have been having a blast. Most of you know that I am not a very girlie-girl. I play it a bit to the tough side and take great pleasure in the fact that my firstborn is obsessed with pirates. Oh yes, I love my makeup and I love shoes. But in reality, I am pretty low maintenance. I find it endlessly hilarious that I am taking such delight in tulle. It is like when I got married - I went for the biggest freakin' skirted dress I could find (makes waist look extra small ... FYI).

I also love the gals that are buying the Mama Tutus! You are the best. A pair of black boots and a bit of attitude and you are a party goddess.

Now if only I could convince my pirate queen to wear one!

No comments: