Tuesday, September 8, 2009

(MarieFinds) Cleaning / Stocking the Freezer

I have a dirty secret. It's my fullsize freezer in the garage. It is old and inneficient, and as such is a hoary mess. It needs to be defrosted. I have been trying to gradually clear it out. Instead, over the weekend, I did bonus cooking and stocked it fuller.

The Lawyer and I both have full time 8-6 jobs. (Since when is that the new 9-5, anyway?) We get home at 6:30 on a good night. Kids start bed time routinte around 8:15. That doesn't give us a lot of time to round dinner up and get it on the table. Leftovers and pre-made frozen dinners can be the salvation on many a night, especially when the budget starts to run thin. No money to go to dinner, need something fast? Pull it from the freezer and throw it in the oven.

So, Sunday I made lots of individual sized chicken pot pies. Monday a big old double batch of hamburger-macaroni casserole, which my kids both adore. (Go figure. I wouldn't touch it as a kid.)

Set the oven to 400 and you've got dinner.

No comments: