Monday, February 23, 2009

(MarieFinds) My life is different ...

... than it used to be. I realize that is a given. But sometimes it smacks me up side the head. Yesterday was the Oscars. This is usually (used to be?) a calendar fixture for me. Big Oscar parties (hosted by someone else) or fabulous Oscar dinner parties for 6 (hosted by me). See all the movies, have real opinions on the winner, but rarely actually voting on the outcome. Get very drunk, possibly pass out before best picture announcement.

This year? I haven't seen any of the movies. Except Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda. The Lawyer and I had the flu, so we cancelled on my sister and her husband. They were going to come over for Cincinatti style chili. For the Oscars. Instead, we ate Campbell's soup and grilled cheese sandwhiches and I missed most of the ceremony because I was doing typical mom multitasking throughout the event. You know, laundary, changing diapers, wiping noses, washing diapers, getting bottles ready for tomorrow, packing things for daycare. Doing Saturday's dishes. So, I know who won. I saw most of the stars on the red carpet, I heard most of speeches from the next room. I have DVR. I could have rewound / paused it. But I just didn't have the energy. Doing that would have kept me up longer.

Ha.

No comments: