Friday, December 26, 2008

[JessFinds] A Key! A Key!


I had a very good Christmas. It was warm and fuzzy and filled with laughing kids and lots of things like chocolate and cheese.

I received some great presents too. There was an espresso machine and an iPod. But my favorite gift? My favorite gift was from my dad. He sent me a key. More specifically, he found me a key. Apparently it was an ordeal - like a game of 6 Degrees of Separation (ok, Kevin Bacon did not find me the key, but you get the idea).

I have wanted a key to Fairyland for the last two years. It has been sort of an obsession of mine. I have tried everything to find a YELLOW (not blue, not metallic) key from my childhood. We used to have drawers filled with these plastic keys! Apparently everyone in their mid-30's who went to Fairyland has parents who purged the drawer of keys. All the keys are landfill.

And there it was, in a little box with a photo of me at 2 1/2 holding a balloon at Fairyland. My key.

Now what do I obsess over? I need a new obsession for 2009 because 2007 & 2008 were all about trying to find a yellow plastic key from the late 1970's or early 80's!

Thanks Daddle. Very cool. It is nice that you know people who know people who know people.

5 comments:

Jane Priest said...

That really is very cool of your dad.

Marie said...

Very cool... but I still want to know, what the hell is Fairyland?

Marie said...

Very cool... but I still want to know, what the hell is Fairyland?

JessFinds said...

Fairyland is in Oakland, California. I will link it.

Jane Priest said...

OMG! Waaaaaay better than Disney---- it actually encourages reading!