Wednesday, October 8, 2008

[JessFinds] Just the girls...

This is a good evening.

I am supposed to be at a preschool open house, but instead I sat at my new kitchen table with my daughters, eating fresh French bread, chevre and pears. My 4-year old and my 19 month old both stuffing their faces with crumbly goat cheese, happy as could be. Crab looked at me and said "You should write a book about this. Because you are a writer. A book for kids. And adults. It could be called: Eating Chevre with my Two Favorite Girls." Then she laughed maniacally. She is brilliant that one.

We are going to put Gonzo to bed and then curl up in our jammies and watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I told Crab I would make popcorn. She gets to have a late night once in a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that. The other night, Squirrel, Lawyer and I sat at the table eating home made chocolate chip cookies, still warm from the oven. It was her first time dipping cookies in milk.