Saturday, September 27, 2008

[JessFinds] Debates

This won't surprise anyone, but I thought Obama did very well last night. I think the veep debates are going to be more interesting by comparison, but I think overall he held his ground and made his points.

I really want to like John McCain (presidentially). I think he is a great American story. I think he is a "good guy," aside from the fact that I disagree with much of what he stands for. Unfortunately he seems so misinformed and out of touch. I don't know who coached him for last night but that person(s) should probably be fired. He came across as (a) dottering at times and (b) quick to anger at times and (c) weak on the finer points of foreign relations ... and foreign relations was supposed to be his strength. I think it is sad that he Christian Right has his manhood in a vice.

I wish Obama had been stronger in asserting his ideas /plans for the economy. I think both were too cautious because of the work being done this weekend on the bailout. Neither wanted to be held partially responsible for a stock market reaction on Monday.

No comments: