Thursday, August 28, 2008

(MarieFinds) her inner political junkie

I love this time of year... things are starting to look a little like fall around here, even though we have another month and a half of good weather in these parts. The temperature is dropping at night, dirt is getting a little damp. There is a political convention going on. I am excited to see Obama's acceptance speech tonight. Hillary gave the best speech I have ever seen her give the other night. (And, because I'm petty, looked great doing it. Not everyone can look great in a tangerine suit. She certainly did. Nice to see her ditch the yellow.) Could use a little less manufactured news, but I somehow don't think we are going to see the end of that this political season.

The Lawyer is sick. Sick enough he went to the doctor. I have known him 12 years. I think this is the 3rd time he has ever gone to the doctor. Now I will rant. Sicky McSickerson called me this mornign at 7:50 asking me to go ahead and make him an appointment with my doctor (cause he doesn't have one). OK, my doctor's office doesn't have any new patient appointments available this week. Neither did the 8 other offices I called. Or the three hospitals within 5 miles of his office. It took me almost two hours to find somewhere he could go. All because he doesn't have a "doctor". I finally ended up getting him into a clinic with the name "zoom" in it. Really.

So now he also has an appointment next week with a doctor at my GP's office so he can actually be on someone's list somewhere. So next time, it doesn't take two freaking hours. And, because I am a bully and want him to get a physical since it has been 5 years since the last one. And he's almost 40.

Oh, and net result? Severe ear infection.

No comments: