Tuesday, June 17, 2008

[JessFinds] Site Alert


I just found another site to love - it is called Petit Baby (www.PetitBaby.com) and it is your run-of-the-mill collection of boutique toys (Haba, Kaloo and a few others I had not heard of). I love that you can search by age AND by country of origin. Right now they carry toys from Germany, France, Lithuania and Turkey. Or you can just search "Toys Made in Europe" as a general category. Why does this matter to parents? It turns out that the greater world has been trying to poison our kids with lead, so it is nice to get toys imported from Europe with their strict safety standards. This is especially true during the "I am going to shove it in my mouth" years. I would rather have a few safe toys for my baby than a dozen pieces of plastic from Walmart. Just how I think. I used to think it was paranoia, but now that all the news has come out it is pretty much a world that Made in China = Dipped in Toxic Materials.

No comments: