Wednesday, June 11, 2008

[JessFinds] Baby Talk

Gonzo is starting to use "her words" and it is slaying me how funny and expressive she is. Here is our latest on the word list, in no particular order:

1. Mama (when directed at me is "Maaaahma!")
2. Dada (when directed at Preacher is "Da-DAH!")
3. Grandma (when directed at MIL is "Mam-mawh!")
4. Miss Crab has no name. Not sure if this is traumatizing or not. Was being called "Car Car" for a while, but that has ceased.
5. Look - look is always accompanied by pointing at something.
6. Thank You. This just showed up the other day and surprised all of us. Shockingly clear.
7. Gentle. Generally used while poking at a cat.
8. Bunyah. Bunny. Duh.
9. Bye-Bye is usually pronounced bye - BYE! with enthusiasm and means "Let's get out of here, I want to go outside, I am sick of your face, I am bored now AND look, I can open this door."
10. Nana. This both means "banana" and "Annie" (my mom)
11. Boompa. This means Chuck.
12. Paw-Pawh. This is my dad.
13. Ball. This means ... Ball.
14. Hug.
15. Kiss (prounouced Ksssssss)
16. Kitty (prounouced kssssssy)
17. Night-Night (prounounced Nye -Nye)

And I am sure she is trying to use other ones but we just look at her with that condescending adult face and pat her on the head with a "nice baby, look at her babble" when she is actually saying "You people are so inferior it discombobulates me."

No comments: