Thursday, June 12, 2008

[JessFinds] Trippin'

Sadness. We are not going to be able to afford a trip out west this summer. Jet fuel prices are skyrocketing and plane tix are just too expensive. Right now it would cost us over $2000 to fly out. I really wanted to spend time with all the babies! And I wanted Miss Parker to see everyone. And I really needed my batteries recharged in Central Oregon - we always try to do at least one week in Sunriver. I am not going to dwell. It just makes me more sad. Stupid oil dependency. Economic stimulus check, whut-ever.

So we are looking for something local-ish. Of course, we live in one of the heaviest trafficked areas for summer travel, so finding a lake rental is almost impossible. I did find an Alpaca farm that does farm stays. How much fun would that be? They have lots and lots of goats. That would almost make up for not being able to see my family. Goats. Hee. Preacher saw the website and said "Oh man, that is a picture of your LIFE!"

He knows I would hawk everything for a chance at a few acres with some goats. I think I was a goat farmer in a previous life. I would also like a chance to live in a brownstone in Chelsea but that opportunity came and went.

Speaking of hawking everything, we are trying to get ready for a yard sale this weekend. What a disaster. How did we become these people? With junk and stuff? I mean, YIKES. We moved all this with us? What were we thinking? I want it gone. Purge.

No comments: