Tuesday, February 12, 2008

(JessFinds) Her inner Martha

Tomorrow is Miss Crab's Valentine's Party at her preschool. I wanted to share my super-cool valentine's idea. I am one of those moms that wants to be a Martha-Mom but I secretly harbor real Martha-Mom's ill will. Even so, I try (half-cocked) to come up with creative projects and crafts for Miss Crab and I to do together.

We bought a set of standard drug-store issue valentine cards - they are approx 3 1/2 inches by 2 inches. Cute holagrams that change from hearts to butterflies and you get the idea.

I found blank"bookmark" tags at a craft store (in the scrapbooking section) and we glued the little valentines to the bookmark. I bought some various colors of ribbon (purple and blue for the boys and red and pink for the girls because I am all about reinforcing gender roles - ha) and looped multiple strands of ribbon through the hole at the top of each bookmark. We used a fancy pen to write each child's name on the bookmark with my daughter's name at the bottom. They are really cute. I will post a photo when I get a chance to take one.

In other news, and in reference to Marie's post below, I totally wanted the Obama Mama tee! They sold out on the Obama site quickly.

No comments: