Sunday, November 7, 2010

(MarieFinds) Things are looking up

Employment is good. And did end up securing a job. I'm lucky. I work in internet / digital marketing. A still growing industry, even in tough times. I start the new gig on Monday. This is a big sigh of relief.

On other fronts, this layoff has finally caused me to investigate the career change I have been considering for the last 5-6 years. I still haven't made up my mind about that, but I have at least taken the first couple steps to make it happen in case I decide to follow that path. And that first step is College Algebra. Sigh. I have to test into the class, and then classes will start in January. Even if I decide to stick with what I have been doing, a little algebra never hurt anyone, right?

This update is brought to you by my shiny new laptop ... the beauty of landing a job quickly is that my vacation buy out got to be used for something fun, rather than the mortgage.


1 comment:

SaysJamie said...

Congratulations on the new job! I hope you have fun doing it as well, that's an added bonus! ~Jamie

http://www.SaysJamie.com