Friday, November 20, 2009

[JessFinds] Worth the 45 minute commute each way


Trader Joes, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Tonight was one of those "hmmm... what exactly IS for dinner?" sort of nights. I was staring blindly in to my pantry. I grabbed a jar of Puttanesca* sauce and some whole wheat skinny spaghetti pasta. The sauce was from TJ's - something like $2.99 for 25 oz.

I also grabbed some TJ's frozen eggplant cutlets (breaded). A quick pan-fry with a little olive oil was all it took. I melted a bit of grated parmesean on top and popped it under the broiler for a few minutes.

Nom. Nom. Nom!

TJ's to the rescue. If I had some steamed veggies on the side, it would have been a perfect meal. It seriously tasted like a lot of work went in to it and it took NO time at all.

*Puttanesca Sauce is a blend of San Marzano tomatoes, onions, capers, black olives, anchovies, basil, oregano and garlic cooked in olive oil.

No comments: