Sunday, August 2, 2009

[JessFinds] Feeding the kids to the bears

Preacher and I took Crab and Gonzo on their first camping trip (car camping for you hiking purists). Sometimes I forget how adaptable kids can be. You get caught up in your routines and their routines and think "oh, they are too young to do something as advanced as camping!" But really, it is a tent, woods and marshmallows. Nothing advanced about it.


That said, I feel compelled to disclose that I spent a full day planning lists and lists of minute details for the camping trip. Each meal was planned and pre-measured. Each weather situation predicted. It was an OCD paradise up till departure.


Car camping is fantastic. You can bring tons of comforts from home. It is cheap - many sites are still around $12 per night. It is pretty much kid-friendly. They can be loud and even throw a tantrum. Big deal.

I always thought I would like to have a pop-up trailer for camping, but we saw someone with a Scamp. Now I have Scamp envy.

No comments: