Thursday, December 4, 2008

[JessFinds] Excuse me, but is that an elephant on your face?


I am doing a sleep study tonight. Yeah. Another medical thing in the long year that was 2008. I woke up with a blinding headache about six weeks ago. I am not prone to migranes, but they showed up for about a week. My doctor said it was probably sleep related and recommended a study. I saw a pulmonary doctor and now I am all set to be studied. I snore. Not horribly. Really.

Here is what I think. I think I need to drop 50 lbs. I think that would make a huge difference. Maybe that will be my New Year's resolution. Memo to self: Drop 50 lbs. Look hot. Snore less.

Here is my fear: they are going to hook me up with one of those oxygen machines for use at home. The dread C-Pap. Those things tend to look like a cross between the Steampunk movement and an elephant. My dad uses one of those things. A steampunk elephant on my face is S-E-X-Y.

So we will see. Mostly I am just excited to have an evening in a bed all to myself without any kids yelling.

1 comment:

Jane Priest said...

Hope it was a good evening. Jesse snores a bit. Not too bad but when it happens it always wakes me up. When he lost all that weight after his heart attack, he didn't snore at all. he even noticed better, depper sleep. Gained it back after Patrick and now he snores again. You are bad ass and beautiful no matter what but if there is any sleep apnea to go along with snoring, I can say weight loss really helped with Jesse.