Wednesday, November 26, 2008

[JessFinds] T-Day Minus One

I have a moment of "quiet time" and instead of cleaning my home for tomorrows festivities, I am -- aaaah -- sitting on my Alice in Wonderland aka Paul Bunyon chair and updating the blog.

I am really excited to post some photos of Maries baby boy. Great. My apostrophe key is not working on this keyboard. It keeps pulling up the quick find function instead of the apostrophe. Annoying. Ohh, and the backslash key is not working either. WTF?

Here is Thanksgiving Dinner

T-Day 2008

Appetizer:
Brie with fig compote, Nigella nuts

Dinner:
A roasted turkey breast
Spiral cut, from the Honeybaked Ham Company. For the meateaters.
My moms stuffing
apple, sausage and hazelnut (the hazelnut was my nod to the NW)
Smashed potatoes
little bit of sour cream, garlic, butter ... excellent.
White Trash Casserole
It is American. Green beans, fried onions and cream of mushroom soup.
Not so trashy beans
green beans with a little lemon zest, butter and white wine
Meat replacement
Roasted halved acorn squash filled with a black rice stuffing
Fruit Salad
Two gravies - one Turkey and one Mushroom
Two Cranberry Sauces
Dinner Rolls

Desserts:
Carmel Pecan Pumpkin Fluff Pie
Cream Puffs with Chocolate Sauce


No comments: