Monday, July 7, 2008

(MarieFinds) she is co-opting Jess' poste

So, I will only leave those in I have comment on. For the most part, that will only mean those I have read. Looks like I have read about a 1/3 of them...

1 Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
2 The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
3 Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte - Oh god, i hated this book. Still do. Worst "great book" ever.
4 Harry Potter series - JK Rowling
5 To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
6 The Bible
7 Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte - pretty much see above comment on Jane Eyre. Didn't hate it as much...
10 Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
11 Little Women - Louisa M Alcott - meh
15 Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier - hee - loved this.
18 Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger - hmmm... didn't get the hype.
21 Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell
22 The Great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald - never could finish this book. started it 3 times.
23 Bleak House - Charles Dickens
28 Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
29 Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
30 The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
31 Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
33 Chronicles of Narnia - CS Lewis
34 Emma - Jane Austen
35 Persuasion - Jane Austen
37 The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini - hated this. excellen visual book, but i hated the characters and the story.
39 Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
40 Winnie the Pooh - AA Milne
42 The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown (OK. Fun story, but possibly worst written book i have ever read.)
45 The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins
49 Lord of the Flies - William Golding
50 Atonement - Ian McEwan - but I saw the movie...
54 Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
57 A Tale Of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
59 The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon (Again, a fun book, but top 100? Ditto...)
61 Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
64 The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold - hmmm... did i ever finish this? I own it... i toted it around for a long time...
68 Bridget Jones’s Diary - Helen Fielding (Seriously? This is ranked above Midnight’s Children? This is even on the list?) Hee.
70 Moby Dick - Herman Melville - hmmm... knots. lots of knots.
78 Germinal - Emile Zola
81 A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
83The Color Purple - Alice Walker - one of my favorite books ever. Can't watch the movie.
84 The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro - but I saw the movie!
87 Charlotte’s Web - EB White
89 Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
91 Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
94 Watership Down - Richard Adams - i loved this book. Still do. Can't wait to read it to my kids.
100 Les Miserables - Victor Hugo - read the book, saw the musical. own the sound track, and some where the complete librato. Hah.

1 comment:

JessFinds said...

It just kills me that you hate Bronte books. And gave Little Women a "Meh." ???

It is lame, but I only recently came to terms with the fact that I adore, ADORE, these books. I am a Jane Austin devotee though. I will reread the books until my eyesight is shot and then I will buy the audio books.